Getting The Job Offer!
Being a recruiter for so many years, it appears I am being directed back to that career and I feel information like, “How to have an impressive online interview” needs to be shared with others today.
This is a video that I found in 2021, which offers great ideas about how to have a great interview from your home computer. There were a lot articles and videos shown during that time, but this one really touches on so many important factors, I feel the need to share it today. Online videos are becoming a normal part of the interviewing process since that time.
I hope you enjoy this video and you get some great ideas!
From: Self Made Millennial
We Are Moving To An Online World –
Social Media and Online Marketing is changing the way we do almost everything today. Recruiting companies are using candidate’s online exposure to find out more about them before contacting for interviews and personal connections.
If you want to advance in your career, one of the best ways to do that is by appearing online.
Create an Online Presence to Climb the Career Ladder
Join Groups and Career-Related Meet-Ups
These days, employers are looking online. Employers use professional networking sites such as LinkedIn to look for job candidates.
You Can Create New Connections and Learn More About Related Businesses Including Available Positions
I hope you find some valuable information. Don’t forget about my website ConsciousCareerConnections.com, which I am working to bring back to life. I hope as we move through these times of change, I can help individuals find the direction that moves them to the lives they want to live. There is purpose for our lives, we just have to learn to discover what our Purpose for Living is to find the abundance and happiness we each were given when we were given life.
Not only that, but building an online presence can help grow your network beyond the office or region where you work. Online communities and social media allow you to interact with others in your field — regardless of location.
With a stronger network in your field, you open yourself up to more job opportunities and visibility in your industry.
So why not create an online personal brand to help advance your career? Creating an online presence can help you stand out from others in your field.
When applying for a higher position, having an online presence shapes what employers see when they look you up online. Curating an online presence shows creativity and gives future employers opportunities to learn about you beyond a resumé.
The persona you present online can be someone’s first impression about you.
Here’s how you can create a captivating online presence:
1. Introduce yourself, your values, and your skills.
- Think about the company you want to work for and what values are important to you.
- What skills can you offer to companies and teams in the future?
- Why do you enjoy working in your field?
- What motivates you to do what you are doing.
2. Cater your online presence to your employers. Find creative ways to display your skill set and set high expectations of what you can bring to the table.
- For example, if you’re a graphic designer, showcase a portfolio of your graphics on a website or social media.
- If you’re a project manager, write case studies about different projects you’ve taken from inception to completion.
- Keep written statistics of the achievements you accomplish at work.
3. Join communities or websites related to your field. You can use the Internet to network, too!
- By joining communities related to your field, you open yourself up to potential job opportunities in the future or a colleague you can go to when you’re looking for advice.
- Actively participate and network at online seminars in your field. Find and interact with others in your field on a social media network such as LinkedIn or Twitter where you can network with others, offer support, or ask questions.
4. Create content, or personal projects.
Displaying content or personal projects shows that you are dedicated to improving your skills. It might also show unique skills, such as problem-solving, sales, or customer service.
5. Add credibility through testimonials or reviews.
- Testimonials or reviews give social proof to potential employers of the strengths you can bring to the job.
- Ask employers and colleagues to send personal testimonials through email or LinkedIn so you can show the assets you will bring to an organization.
By developing an online presence, you have the opportunity to stand out from the rest of the applicants. Future employers can get an insight into your own values, personality, and work ethic – and get to know you on a deeper level than they would just reading your resumé.
The more you invest in your online presence, the more potential employers can imagine how well you would fit within their company culture.
The work you do to build an online presence will undoubtedly leave a positive impression on future employers and help you advance in your career!
Everyone who applies for their next job will be submitting a resumé and cover letter. These things can display your skills and work experience, but developing an online presence can also show your personality and values.
Stay Positive & Always Remember To Keep
Positive Thoughts and Dream Big!
Thank you for reading. Thank you for sharing.